Choosing the best option to customize the work uniform is not as easy as it seems. We have already talked about the advantages of having your identity stamp printed on your work uniform. They are not few, for what we understand that you are thinking about it … And more now, that you will have seen the “customize” option that we are incorporating into many Adil products.
Therefore, knowing more about the different techniques of personalization of work clothes will undoubtedly help the balance to move to one side or the other.
As sometimes the time does not play to our favor, in Adil we shelled out the keys to take into account to make the decision most adapted to your business.
- What is the technique followed in screen printing, transfer, and embroidery?
As an introduction, it is interesting to know how each type of customization works:
– Screen printing: it is a textile printing technique thanks to which ink is fixed directly on the garment. A tensioned mesh is used in a frame, where the design has previously been reproduced so that the ink passes through the areas where there is an image and is blocked where it is not.
– Transfer or vinyl: stamping technique that owes its name to the type of paper used: the transfer paper. Ink is not printed directly on the fabric, as in the case of screen printing, but it is a sheet of silicone paper that sticks to the garment. A thermal plate, through pressure and heat, facilitates the adhesion of the layer. In this sticker or vinyl can be captured photos, names, numbers … there is a wide variety of possibilities regarding design.
– Embroidery: in this case, industrial embroidery machines are used that sew with thread in designs with flat colors (names, mostly). The size of the personalization is smaller than in the two previous cases, pocket-size being the most recommended (usually located above the front pocket of the garment). The color palette is more limited than in the other techniques, although in Adil embroiderers allow up to 12 different colors per logo.
- What kind of clothes can I personalize with these techniques?
The possibilities of clothing customization are broad:
– Screen printing and transfer: versatile techniques that can be adapted, on the one hand, to all types of work wear such as shirts, hats, pants, jackets, polar, vests … and, on the other, to the most common materials, such as polyester, twill or cotton. By way of exception, screen printing should not be applied to PVC plastic garments, as it requires heat in the drying process and could deform the clothing.
– Embroidery: in theory, embroidery can also be done in a wide range of garments, although it is usually reserved for those in which the distinction is essential. Typical examples where we find garments with embroidery are sanitary gowns or chef’s jackets.
- General comparison of the types of customization
– No minimum order, but keep in mind that the price of a single unit is high.
– The average delivery time between 10 and 15 days for standard orders.
– It transmits quality, elegance, and seriousness, as well as being a sign of distinction.
– Maximum durability, since it lasts until the end of the garment.
– You can make logos and shields, in addition to the names of employees. It is widely used in the health sector to put the names of professionals in clothing.
– 12 colors of different threads.
– It is a more expensive option than the other two since you need to make a specific program that details the logo to embroider. Once you are ready, you can later reuse this design at no additional cost.